Strategic planning is an organization's process of defining its strategy, or direction, and making decisions on allocating its resources to pursue this strategy. It may also extend to control mechanisms for guiding the implementation of the strategy.
Strategic Planning is an organization's’ process of defining direction and making resource allocation decisions to execute its vision.
A strategic plan should help an organization:
Understand the enterprise-wide implications of achieving new business targets
Identify key capability requirements
Define clear and practical strategies that can be operationalized and executed
Respond to changing conditions in the marketplace
Because of our experience in strategic planning and the capability to assess both internal company dynamics and external market forces, we can help clients avoid common pitfalls that lead to strategic plan failure.
To assist you throughout your planning process, we have created a how-to guide on The Basics of Strategic Planning which will take you through the planning process step-by-step and keep you on track.
- Define the strategic goals and objectives
- Create an action plan for each goal and objective, complete with metrics for accountability
- Ensure the plan is focused on sustainability and is actionable given people, process, technology, and leadership
- Identify and prioritize initiatives with the right balance of return and level of effort
- Develop a communications and change management plan to ensure employee awareness and engagement
- Leverage our proven methodologies to streamline a results-driven and repeatable process.
the five steps in the strategic planning process
- Clarify Your Vision. The purpose of goal-setting is to clarify the vision for your business.
- Gather and Analyze Information.
- Formulate a Strategy.
- Implement Your Strategy
- Evaluate and Control